Bobby Orr Injured In Bruins' Victory

Superstar Bobby Orr of the NHL Bruins suffered an injury in the area of his surgery-scarred left knee yesterday and will miss the National Hockey League's All-Star Game Tuesday night in Chicago.

Orr led the Bruins to a 5-3 victory over Philadelphia before he dropped in pain after being tripped by the Flyers' Bill Barber.

After a few moments, he skated off the ice under his own power and went directly to the dressing room, where he went into the training room.

Coach Bep Guidolin and Managing Director Harry Sinden, along with other members of the Bruins, at first feared the worst. Later their hopes were bolstered when an immediate trip to the hospital for Orr was cancelled.

"Bobby will go to the hospital and have X-rays when he gets up in the morning, whatever time that may be," a club official said. "It appears he has a bruise or maybe even a charley horse above the left knee."

Winner of the Norris Trophy as the NHL's top defenseman for six consecutive years, Orr scored his 22nd and 23rd goals as the Bruins caught the Flyers 3-3. Then, with brilliant skating, he helped set up Ken Hodge for the tie-breaker midway through the third period.

He was clutched and grabbed by Barber as he attempted to skate out of the Boston zone with 3:30 left.