J.V. Hill-and-Dalers Succumb To Huskies in Close Contest

Faring no better than their varsity counterparts, Harvard's junior varsity harriers placed second in yesterday's Greater Boston Championships.

The Northeastern Huskies emerged victorious, as in the varsity race, although the final margin of 34-37 was considerably closer than the 20-point varsity win.

But the individual winner of this race was neither a Crimson nor a Huskies. Brandeis's Chip Horton ran an extremely strong race, and took first-place laurals. Ten of the next 11 finishers were from either Northeastern or Harvard.

Harvard's five finishers were among the first 11 runners to cross the finish line, but the Crimson's best finish was only fourth. Northeastern, meanwhile, was able to place runners in the second and third positions, which won the race for the Huskies.

Wayne Curtis took the fourth place for Harvard, while teammate Dave Nemazee finished fifth. The Crimson's Brian Finn took seventh position, with Dava Randall and Chris Bickerton closing out the Harvard scoring in tenth and 11th places.

Despite an overall team performance which was highly respectable, the Harvard runners were spaced out a bit too much to defeat the Huskies, who also took the eighth, ninth, and 12th finishes in the races.

The Crimson harriers will have three days to reflect on this narrow loss before their next race versus Dartmouth Friday in Hanover, N.H.