Women Establish Radcliffe Chorus After 4-Year Lapse

A group of women who were members of the Harvard-Radcliffe Chorus until it dissolved last spring have formed a new all-female undergraduate singing organization, the Radcliffe Choral Society.

The Choral Society is operating on a trial basis until May, when its members will vote on whether to make the organization permanent.

Mary M. Brazell '76, manager of the chorus, said yesterday that executive members of the chorus and the Harvard-Radcliffe Collegium Musicum, the more selective undergraduate mixed singing organization, made the organizational change last spring.

Wide Support

Brazell said the chorus suffered from insufficient financial backing and a lack of enthusiasm from its members. She said there had been widespread support throughout the University for the creation of an all-women chorus.

A Radcliffe Choral Society existed until four years ago, when it became part of the Collegium Musicum. The Choral Society began to revive when F. John Adams '66, conductor of the Collegium, started to organize an all-female chorus for a Thanksgiving Boston Symphony Orchestra show.