Freshman Cagers Crush Chamberlain

The freshman basketball team trounced Chamberlain Junior College 106-59 last night in the IAB.

Chamberlain never posed a serious threat to the Crimson cagers who held a 26 point lead at the end of the first half.

Jonas Honick '77, who has been a consistent high scorer, again led the team, scoring 20 points. He was closely followed by Charles S. Bergen '77 who sank 18 baskets.

The Yardlings victory over Chamberlain boosts their season record to 11 wins and one loss.

Coach Mike Jarvis said that it was a "good game to prep for Worcester Academy," which the freshmen face Friday night at home. He said his players are getting ready for Worcester, which he called the "best prep school team."

Sloppy Game

Despite the overwhelming end result, Harvard played a very uncoordinated game and had trouble holding onto the ball, especially in the second half. "It was almost impossible not to be sloppy" against Chamberlain, Coach Jarvis said.

Jarvis said that he used the game to work some new plays, and to give everybody a chance to play. He said that his team "had some fun" last night.

Easy Victory

Co-Captain Todd G. Hooks'77 said that "it wasn't the toughest game" he ever played. He said it was an "easy victory for the team and a good workout."

Last night was only the second time the Freshmen have broken the 100 point mark. In their victory over Springfield College they scored 104 points.

The hoopsters are just coming off a painful 87-86 loss last Friday to St. Thomas More. "We just weren't able to capitalize on all our opportunities," Co- Captain Joseph Leondis'77 said last night about their only loss of the season.

Leondis said that his team has not been playing as good ball as they could be. He said that some of the players have been losing their motivation toward the end of the season.

Plagued By Injuries

The freshmen have been plagued by injuries, and last night they were missing two starters. They have also been hurt by two long layoffs due to the Christmas vacation and the game rescheduling because of the energy crisis.

"The coach has managed to mold 12 individual ball players into a smoothly operating team," Leondis said. "Next year we're going to do a fine job."

Hooks said that Coach Jarvis stresses a running game with a balanced, disciplined offense. He said that his team plays a man-to-man team defense.