Grades on Hourly In Biology 21 Are 'Mysteriously' Lost

The Biology Department revealed yesterday that it has lost the grades for the first hour exam in Biology 21, "Structure and Physiology of the Vertebrates."

Alfred W. Crompton, professor of Biology, who gave Bio 21 last fall with C. Richard Taylor, professor of Biology, said yesterday that the grades for the first hourly "mysteriously disappeared" from the Bio 21 office, "never to be seen again." Crompton said he did not know who, if anyone, took the grades, or why they took them.

Crompton said the list containing all the grades for the first hour exam was lost shortly after the exams were returned to students in the course last October.

To compensate for losing the actual grades Crompton has decided to give all students an "A" on the first hourly.

'Sounds Good'

Student response to getting an automatic "A" on the first hourly was typified by the reaction of M. Deacon Dake '73, who said, "That sounds good to me."

Bio 21's two hour exams will determine one half of the final grade in the course, Crompton said. The rest of the final grade will be based on laboratory work and the final examination, he added.