Rock

MUSIC

By John Porter

On October 18, the Jefferson Starship will be at the Garden. Joining the Starship will be England's Fleetwood Mac, a group which has gone through more personnel changes since its inception than the White House. Fortunately, one remnant remains--Christene McVie's belle organe which won her the title of Britain's Top Female Vocalist in 1972. The concert is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. but the open seating policy should be enough persuasion to get there at least two hours in advance.

On October 21, one half of the San Francisco rock combo which shook Woodstock will be at the Music Hall. David Crosby and Graham Nash have teamed up once again, since they seemed to be the only pair who could get along amidst the eternal power struggle that afflicted CSNY. Steve Stills's Boston date in a week may be grounds for some speculation about a special guest appearance during the Crosby/Nash performance, but don't count on it.

Finally for those in a mellower mood,Richie Havens will be at Paul's Mall from October 16-19. Havens hasn't deen heard from too much after his big splash at Woodstock, it might be worth it to check out what's in Richie's mixed bag this week.