Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

THE SCREEN

By Paul K. Rowe

Memories of Underdevelopment, a Cuban film, is one of the most important political films made in recent years. Tupamoros was made with the cooperation of the Latin American revolutionaries.

One of the ultimate double bills continues at Central Square, with Last Tango in Paris and the wonderful-up-until-the-prostituted-last-scene A Streetcar Named Desire.

Strangers on a Train features Robert Walker with a look in his eye and a voice tone that will wind its way into the core of your memory. Hitchock's film, written by Raymond Chandler ("The Big Sleep," "Farewell, My Lovely," "The Long Goodbye"), is one of his best, with a sense of feverish fascinating demented activity instead of mere raw suspense. In a minor apocalypse a merry-go-round goes berserk near the end of the movie.

Jack Lemmon deserved to be named best actor years ago for Billy Wilder's The Apartment --he won the award for Save the Tiger this year, where he plays a businessman who's shrewdly shady activities are justified, in the film's scheme of things, by the pressures around him.

Cat Ballou is the funniest Western; Greasers' Palace was made by the guy who made Putney Swope; I can't figure out why Tarzan would want to go to England.