Kubacki Rolls as Records Keep Falling

Sports Roundup

Jim Kubacki's methodical rise to the top of Harvard's all-time total offense list continued again last Saturday. The senior quarterback now ranks second with 2373 yards, having moved up from tenth position since the beginning of the season. Only Dick Clasby, with 3028 yards, stands ahead of Kubacki, whose career passing totals of 100 completions in 188 attempts for 1730 yards and 16 touchdowns rank fourth on the all-time list.....

Winn Stands Ninth

Halfback Tommy Winn now stands ninth on the all-time rushing list with 1231 yards, while tight end Bob McDermott has advanced to fourth in receiving with 44 career receptions for 765 yards.....

Harvard's first and second defensive units have not given up a point in the second half all season.....Questionable Crimson performers for Saturday's home contest against Cornell include spare defensive end Pat Brady and guard Mike Benninger.....The Big Red has lost ten games in succession, and hasn't triumphed in Harvard Stadium for 17 years.....

Harvard, meanwhile, has won 24 out of its last 30 games, five in succession, and a victory over Cornell will mark the longest winning streak in Joe Restic's six-year tenure, as well as lift Restic's career winning percentage over the 700 mark.....

In soccer, Harvard is currently tied for third place with Cornell, whom the Crimson entertains this Saturday morning at the Business School field. Brown and Penn share the top spot with identical 2-0 records, and they meet in Providence on Friday night.....

In other Ivy games, Dartmouth travels to Yale and Columbia entertains Princeton.....Brown's Fred Pereira leads the league in scoring with three goals and two assists thus far for five points. Two Bruin teammates stand second and third.....

Perfect So Far

George Ford's booters will be after their second victory this week, having previously dumped UMass on Tuesday. The Crimson is perfect at home thus far this fall, but the same can also be said for Harvard's road record. Harvard stands 2-0 in the former category, but 0-2 in the latter. After Cornell, the booters are idle until next Wednesday when they travel to Amherst.