South House Six

News Shorts

Harvard has extended until today last Saturday's eviction deadline for the South House students charged two weeks ago with "disorderly conduct," South House master Rulan C. Pian '44 said yesterday.

Although only two of the six students remained in South House last night, Pian said she is "unsure" of how she will deal with them, explaining that "each case will be handled individually."

The rooms of the two students--Edward Minar '77 and Jeff Spier '76--were among those on a list sent yesterday to a South House resident seeking an empty room.

Roye Randall '79, who moved into Currier House last week, is the only one of the six to be moved to an on-campus residence. As a freshman, Randall is required to live in a Harvard dormitory.

Joel Carpenter '78 and Lodivico Simone '76 moved to an apartment off-campus yesterday and Howard Levin '76, who left South House on Sunday, said last night he has "no idea of where to live."

"The least they could have done was give us 30 days like any decent slumlord would," Levin said.

Pian said she "didn't want to throw anyone on the street." I don't want to make life impossible for them," she said.

A South House student who wished to remain unidentified said yesterday that Minar and Spier--the two students still in South House--are "completely innocent."