Radcliffe Romps Over Williams, 60-29

Cagers Shoot to Third Straight Win

By Richard J. Doherty

The Radcliffe basketball team raced to its third straight victory on Saturday as the cagers trounced Williams College 60-29 at the IAB.

"I'd give anything to be able to start the season over again," co-captain Sue Williams said after the game. "The team has finally come together."

The team came together on Saturday by simply fast-breaking the Ephwomen right off the court. After just six minutes the Crimson had spurted to a 20-5 lead over the shorter Berkshire basketballteers, and the contest was no longer a question of who, but by how much.

Forwards Williams, Hildy Meyers, and Chery1 Gelzer combined for half of the Cliffe's total output, gathering 12, 10 and 8 points respectively.

After Radcliffe's early flurry the pace of the game slowed down somewhat. The Crimson remained strong on both ends of the court however, and despite a minor run by Williams the half ended with Radcliffe holding a commanding 30-13 advantage.

No Pushover

Williams was not supposed to be the pushover which Radcliffe was so handily pushing over at halftime. The Ephwomen had beaten both Wellesley and Tufts convincingly, two teams which the Crimson had fallen prey to.

But as the second half got under way, it was clear that the Williamstown women would be returning West without a win. The Cliffe matched its first half performance to the point, with Williams (as in Sue) and company maintaining their domination of the inside game.

Cliffe In Control

"We were quicker and smarter offensively," Williams said. "We worked the fast break well and you could tell after the first three minutes that we were in control."

Lissa Muscatine joined the front three in the scoring jamboree as she tossed in eight points. The cagers will travel cross-town to Emmanuel tomorrow night to wind up their regular season schedule.