'Cliffe Skiers Take Third in WISC

By John Blondel

The Radcliffe ski team capped its regular Women's Intercollegiate Ski Conference (WISC) season this weekend with a third place finish in a meet at Bretton Woods, New Hampshire.

On Saturday, WISC tried a duel slalom format in which two courses are set next to each other and the racers compete against one another. Lenny Wilson whisked to a fourth place overall and first for the team with a time of 51 seconds. All Radcliffe scorers finished in the top ten as Carlyle Singer grabbed an eighth and Kathy States slipped in with a tenth.

Fresh Coating

A fresh coating of snow slowed the times for Sunday's giant slalom. Singer grabbed seventh and was followed by Wilson in eight.

Radcliffe also finished third for the season in the five team league. WISC names the top ten racers by virtue of their performance in all races held during the season. Wilson won the fifth spot.

The team leaves on Wednesday for Owl's Head, Quebec to compete in the Can-Ams for five days.

Abandon

The Canadian races will allow for more individualism and abandon. During the season, "you have to complete the race because of the team," Wilson said yesterday. At Owl's Head, "you can just go," she added.