Laxwomen Fall to Bruins, 6-4

Saturday was another frustrating day for the Radcliffe lacrosse team, as it lost to Brown, 6-4, at Soldiers Field.

The laxwomen were hoping for their first regular-season win in this game, their last home appearance. The two teams played even for the first half, both scoring four goals.

The score remained four-all until late in the game. Eighteen minutes into the second half, a Bruin goal was called back because the shot was taken inside the goalie's crease.

But the Brown attackers were undaunted. Less than a minute later, Brown's Laurie Raymond converted an intercepted pass into the winning goal. The Bruins added an insurance goal five minutes later.

Carrie Minot provided Radcliffe's scoring power for the second game in a row, tallying three of the laxwomen's four goals. Anne Johnson scored Radcliffe's other goal.

But Minot, who is responsible for six of the eight goals the 'Cliffe team has scored in the last two games, has torn a tissue in her ankles and will sit out this week.

"I'm not supposed to run on them," Minot said after Saturday's game I'm going to stay off them for a week and then tape them up and see what happens."

Coach Debi Field attributed Radcliffe's lack of a second-period offense to a change in Brown's defense. During the first half, the Bruins employed a zone defense, but switched to a man-to-man defense for the second half.

"We didn't have enough space on attack," Field said Saturday. "We got fooled into thinking we were playing against a zone. We were frustrated because they didn't concede us the ball," Field added.

One of the few bright spots for Radcliffe was the play of goalie Bryan. In the first half, Bryan turned away three shots, but in the second half she came up with eight saves in ten shots on goal.