...Lights Less Fortunate

B.U.'s defending lightweight sprints champ gave a quick and concise lesson in the art of fine rowing on Saturday as the Terriers rowed through the Radcliffe lights in impressive style en route to a four-length win.

The third entry in the race, fair Wellesley, did not fare very well at all. In fact the suburban crew, unused to the heavy traffic of the Charles River, could not even make it out of the basin, as its shell collided with a sailboat early on.

Coach Peter Huntsman's varsity set up with Roxanne Malenbaum at stroke, Christine Laine at seven, Dottie Kent at six, and Mary Gay Sprague at five. In the bow four Barbara Pearce was in the four seat, Margret Hunt at three, Jane Roy at two and Karen Messer balanced things out from the bow seat. Linda Coffman handled the rudder duties.

No Luck

The J.V. lightweights did not have much better luck, as they were swamped by the Princeton third varsity. The Tigers moved out from the start and went on their winnings ways to a four-length margin of victory over the 'Cliffe.

Next week the lightweights journey west to the waters of Worcester to compete in the Worcester Heavyweight Regatta on Lake Quinsigamond.