Four-Year Houses

THE MAIL

To The Editors of The Crimson:

Despite last week's CHUL vote endorsing Dean Fox's proposal, we at North House remain hopeful in our fight to oppose it. The fact that CHUL's vote was of a preference form weakens the endorsement, and the fact that there was not strong support for implementation by next September shows that reservations about the plan exist. The Faculty and the Undergraduate Councils will be asked to consider the matter, and voices of protest to the Fox plan have already been heard there. In short, the matter has just begun to be considered. We hope that these groups will recognize the need to have four class housing and a one-to-one ratio in the University, and also recognize our right to have renovations made at the Quad without strings attached to such improvements.

At this time, we would like to thank the Crimson for its support, and ask for its continual support in the months to come. In rejecting the Fox proposal in your editorial, you have shown thoughtful consideration of its unacceptable consequences, and have recognized the needs of a group of your fellow students who have frequently been ignored. This has been most supportive. The North House Steering Committee   Robert Sapolsky   Jean Koh   Dan Greenwood   James G. Kahn   Jeffrey K. Griffith   Tom Prewitt   Elizabeth Wood