Harriers Triumph

Round-Up

In record course time, freshman Anne Sullivan paced the Women's Cross-Country team to their third straight victory, 22-35, Saturday against Brown.

Sullivan beat Brown's defending Ivy League champion, Sue Adams, and improved her hold on the Franklin Park women's record by 17 seconds to 17:37.

Sarah Lindsley chased Adams around the 3.1 mile course in a rerun of last fall's league title race, finishing just two seconds behind the Brown demon at 18:06. Lindsley praised the Ivy League foe and said "she runs only cross-country, and really concentrates. She is an excellent runner."

The harriers two weeks ago lost their first meet against UMass Amherst as sophomore star Karla Amble was injured, but they seem to have the right ingredients for a sweet season. The team is young (only two seniors) and balanced.

Foreman, who concentrates on the half mile, combines with Sullivan as the newcomers to Harvard. Coach Papi Hunt said yesterday "the team has adjusted well" to the young speedsters and that "Sullivan and Foreman are good for everyone to work with."

Lindsley praised Captain Sarah Robinson for "keeping the team together and Sullivan for setting a rapid pace for the team." Coach Hunt lauded the team's spirit and said "no one is by herself on this club." The next match is a tri-meet against Dartmouth and MIT, Friday at Franklin Park.

PRO FOOTBALL SCORES

Chicago 24, Rams 23

New England 31, Seattle 0

N.Y. Jets 24, Buffalo 19

Oakland 26, Cleveland 10

Philadelphia 28, N.Y. Giants 10

Cincinnati 17, Green Bay 7