Cleat to Face

Deja vu. What did I tell ya'. The Yanks and the Dodgers face to face, cleat to cleat, just like

Deja vu. What did I tell ya'. The Yanks and the Dodgers face to face, cleat to cleat, just like '63.

But so what. Unless your uncle's name is Steinbronner or O'Malley, you will have to watch it the same way everyone else does...on the tube. That means bad reception and Howard Cosell, no telling which is worse, but I would rather fix the slipping vertical hold a hundred times than listen to one word from the mouth that roars. If you can stand him, Cosell continues his crustaceous commentary this Friday at 8 p.m. on Channel 5. Saturday and Sunday (if necessary) will feature afternoon games beginning at 4 p.m. The final games from Yankee stadium will interrupt prime time programming on Tuesday and Wednesday at 8 p.m. both nights.

If you are not a baseball fan, do not count on movies or specials to liven up the week. There is nothing at all noteworthy on the film front. Channel 2 offers a debate on nuclear power tonight at 9 p.m. Governor Michael Dukakis will moderate the verbal clash between a former U.S. Treasury department deputy secretary and an attorney. Better than Howard Cossell, but just barely.

For people who think opera is more than shrill gibberish, Channel 2 will present Beverly Sills in "Manon." Aired live from Lincoln Center on Tuesday at 8 p.m., Sills will clash directly with the sixth game of the series. I may be showing my breeding here, but you know which one I will be watching. After all, 1963 only comes back two or three times in a lifetime. The Yanks in six,