Linebacker Russo Lost for Season

The Harvard football team, after losing its last two games, faced another setback yesterday with the loss of reserve linebacker Frank Russo for the season.

Russo, a six-foot, 230-pound senior from Everett, Ma., suffered a dislocated hip during practice on Wednesday afternoon. Russo was injured when he was caught in the bottom of a pile-up during scrimmage.

He was rushed immediately to Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, where he is now being treated.

"This is a terrific blow to our defense," linebacker coach George Clemens said. "Frank was getting to the point where he was doing it all. Nobody was working harder. There was a definite possibility that he might have started in a couple of weeks," he added.

It's just another thing for the Crimson to contend with as the team looks for a return to the win column against Cornell tomorrow.

YANKS TIE PLAYOFFS, 6-2

The New York Yankees played the kind of baseball last night that George Steinbrenner expected from them all year in winning the second game of the American League championship playoffs over the Kansas City Royals 6-2.

An early 1-0 Knasas City lead was permanently dispatched in the home half of the fifth inning, when designated hitter Cliff Johnson tatooed a two-run homer over the center field wall to put the Yanks in the lead to stay.

New York added runs in the seventh and eighth innings to give starter Ron Guidry a three-hit complete-game victory and tie the series at one win a piece.