Harvard Law School Makes Online Zero-L Course Free for All U.S. Law Schools Due to Coronavirus
For Kennedy School Fellows, Epstein-Linked Donors Present a Moral Dilemma
Tenants Grapple with High Rents and Local Turnover at Asana-Owned Properties
In April, Theft Surged as Cambridge Residents Stayed at Home
The History of Harvard's Commencement, Explained
Cambridge fireman last night quickly brought under control a blaze in an Adams House dormitory room that sent more than 100 House residents scurrying out onto Bow St.
The fire, which broke out at 10:15 p.m., resulted in on injuries, but a resident of the affected suite said he fears property damage may run to several thousand dollars.
Firemen arriving on the scene hurried a ladder over to the window of Admas House G-12, as flames visible from the street shot up toward the ceiling of the room. Breaking the windows with axes, the fireman doused the flames within five minutes.
Kent Quander '79, one of the two occupants of the suite, said he was upstairs in a friend's room "reading tarot cards" when he heard the fire alarm.
"The cards were bad." Quander added.
Quander said he keeps candles in his room, but he is unsure whether a candle was lit when he last left the room. Whether a candle was lit when he last left the room.
Cambridge firemen and University policeman who entered the room threw smoldering furniture and carpeting through the broken windows out onto the street.
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.