Rugby Club Whips McGill; 'A' Team Rolls Easily, 24-6

The Harvard Rugby Football Club blasted McGill Saturday morning only to get blasted with them later that same day.

"We went berserk. It was really incredible," exclaimed still-recovering co-captain Peter Hilton last night. Hilton was referring to the games in which both Harvard teams emerged victorious. The 'A' team smashed their Canadian counterparts 24-6, while the 'B' side won 32-0.

At the party in the Winthrop JCR Saturday night, however, Harvard was put to shame when they were out-chugged by the McGill women's team in a five-on-five beer drinking competition.

"They were the best partiers we've come across all season," the battle-weary Hilton lamented. "Their women's team sang songs that were even more crude than ours," he added.

Harvard must have been fatigued from Saturday morning's competition, which they thoroughly dominated. Hilton led the Crimson scorers, racking up 16 points on two penalty kicks, a try, and three conversion kicks.

McGill tied the game midway through the first period on a penalty kick just seconds after Hilton's first score of the day, but then the Harvard forwards began to control the loose play and it was never close after that. Ned Childs and Blaine Heckel added tries for the winners.