Five Yale Squads Invade Cambridge Proper

Six reasons why you should stay in Cambridge on Saturday:

1. Watch the hockey team battle for its ECAC life in a televised affair with Yale. Watch in person, that is, not on television. With two straight setbacks, the icemen had best triumph or March 8 will be spent at home.

2. Watch the squash team derail Yale and finish its dual-meet season at 8-1. Watch the scoreboard and hope that Penn somehow beats Princeton so the Crimson can still capture at least a share of the nine-man national championship. Don't hold your breath, though. Penn isn't going to beat Princeton.

3. Watch the swim team seek revenge against the Elis. A year ago Yale ruined an undefeated Crimson season after shaving. You don't forget nicks like that. Besides, this is the last Harvard swim meet ever--that's right, ever--in the IAB. Next year it's off to the new pool at Soldiers Field.

4. Watch the fencers epee, foil and sabre their way against the Elis in an attempt to gain the Ivy tri-title with Penn and Cornell. This is big stuff. Practically a diploma requirement. Be there. On guard.

5. Watch the Radcliffe hoopsters match set shots with their New Haven counterparts. This game will determine second fiddle in the Ivies behind Princeton, which bested both the Crimson and Elis in last week's Ivy tourney.

6. Watch out.