UMass Nails Listless Cagers; 87-45 Loss Is Sixth Straight

Better call this one Justifiable Homicide.

The Harvard basketball squad was murdered last night by the University of Massachusetts 87-45 for its sixth consecutive loss of the season.

The 3700 at Amherst were treated to a re-enactment of the battle of Yorktown, as the Minutemen fired out to a 28-7 lead after the opening five minutes, and had the Crimson unconditionally surrendered by halftime, on top 43-24.

Awesome

UMass emptied its bench in an effort to calm down its scoring furor. Led by star Jim Town (24 points in 19 minutes), the Minutemen shot an awesome 63 percent from the floor.

The Crimson, playing without penetrating guard Dave Rogers, tossed up a mortifying 33 per cent from the field, but nonetheless received a strong performance from swingman Bob Hooft. The sophomore popped for 16 points and hauled down 7 rebounds.

All kidding aside now, it's time for the cagers to get serious. They put their 1-2 Ivy record on the line this weekend against Yale (1-2 in the Ivies) and Brown (1-1) in two games at the IAB. There should be no holds barred as all three teams are suffering through losing seasons.