Harvard Students Will Publish New 'University Enquirer'

By Omar E. Rahman

A group of Harvard students plan to publish in late March or early April, a "people oriented" journal called The University Enquirer.

Douglas A. McIntyre '77, the founder of the magazine and former president of The Advocate said yesterday the paper will be "a cross between People Magazine and The Village Voice," adding that The Enquirer will focus on the life of Harvard students and faculty.

McIntyre said the first issue will include the results of a sex-survey recently distributed among Harvard students and faculty. He said he expects at least 200 responses.

Other features in the first issue will include several profiles, "A Wasp King and Queen Contest, and a "Find me a Finance" contest.

The Magazine is going to be privately funded and will draw its staff from both Harvard undergraduates and graduates. McIntyre said that the staff of The Enquirer would probably include staff members from The Crimson and The Advocate.

Murdochian Ambitions

The first issue is experimental and will be distributed free, McIntyre said. He said that the frequency of publication would depend on the student response to the first issue. He said that if the response if good, "we might even take it national."

Archie C. Epps III, dean of students, The Enquirer's Faculty advisor, said yesterday that one should not overlook "the humorous element" in the publication.