Fish & Co. Travel South for Break

The Harvard tennis team heads south today on what may be one of the stronger seasons in the team's history.

New head coach Dave Fish will head the first team--Danny Waldman, Todd Lundy, Scott Walker, Kevin Shaw, Al Bunis, Dan Gerkin and Cliff Adler--on their trip, while Eric Cutler will lead the second team.

"We're fielding a real strong team," senior captain Waldman said yesterday. Waldman will play number one for the Crimson on the Southern trip, replacing last year's number one player, Gary Reiner.

Besides Reiner, this year's squad has also lost Jim Levy, who was undefeated at number five last year. Nonetheless, the team is optimistic about the spring trip.

Strong Showings

"We can make some real strong showings against some teams who have done well against us in the past," Waldman said yesterday. "We could do okay."

The Crimson faces a tough match immediately after the trip, when it will face Navy.

The Navy match is the first of the season that counts in Eastern League competition.

"Georgia and South Carolina could be in for a surprise," Waldman said yesterday. "The big thing is to get our confidence up for Navy," he added.