Here's how to live it

No more huddles?

Jim Kubacki, the starting quarterback of the Harvard football team for the past two years, has not been very successful in trying to break into one of the nation's most elite professions. Only two Harvard graduates have made it in professional football in the recent past, and Kubacki's chances of joining that elite corps look slim at the moment.

Last month, Kubacki, who broke Harvard records in total yardage and led the Crimson to an Ivy League title in 1976, tried out at the New Orleans Saints' rookie camp, but the Saints cut him. There are some other possibilities that football coach Joe Restic is looking into, but for now, "It doesn't look like I'll be going into professional football," Kubacki says.

Like many of his classmates, Kubacki harbors a lot of indecision about his future. "I haven't found out what I want to do," he says. But he has his near-future worked out, and that includes a teaching stint at the Joe Namath football camp and a possible trip to Europe.

When he returns from Europe, Kubacki says he'll get a job to accumulate some work experience, and then maybe go to business school.