Icemen Head For Chestnut Hill, Shoot For Revenge in B.C. Tilt

Harvard hockey travels to McHugh Forum in Chestnut Hill tonight with a score to settle with Boston College. The score in question is the 7-0 whitewash laid on the icemen four weeks ago by the same B.C. squad.

It will not be the same Harvard team taking the ice tonight against the Eagles, physically or mentally. Injuries have hit the Crimson hard the last five games and the sick bay roster has swelled to five with the recent addition of forward Murray Dea, who will be sidelined for a few weeks with knee problems sustained in Saturday's Brown game.

Other ailing skaters are Captain Barney Cook, Bobby McDonald, Gene Purdy, and Paul Yeomalakis.

Promoted jayvees Mike Clasby, Steve Andrews, France Scalamandre, and Bobby Kelley have more than picked up the slack, but the key new face tonight will be in the Harvard nets, where sophomore Brian Murphy will most likely reside.

Murphy is making his fourth start of the year and has been impressive so far, though with only a 1-2 record to show for his efforts.

The Eagles will counter with their ace in the cage, perennial Harvard nemesis Paul Skidmore, the All-ECAC kick saver who is one of the main reasons behind B.C.'s current 7-2 Division One slate.

And if it's goals by the opposition you're looking for, look no farther than the Eagles' first line of Paul Barrett, Joe Mullen, and Bill Army, who score about 90 per cent of the team's goals, which is a lot. But then, who said this was gonna be easy?