Group of Youths Attacks Students At Adams House

Two male Adams House residents were assaulted early Sunday morning on Plympton St. outside Adams House C-entry.

Six to eight men in their early twenties attacked the two students at approximately 4 a.m. after one student declined to help a woman start a car, one of the students said yesterday.

The student, who asked to remain unidentified, said he believed he was "set up." Another resident of Adams House heard the noise and called the University police, who arrived within several minutes. Both students were taken by the police to University Health Services, where they were treated for injuries and released within an hour, Peter Dale, senior tutor of Adams House, said yesterday.

Cambridge police said yesterday that some people were apprehended in connection with the incident and released, because no charges were pressed.

The students said they will not press charges. One said yesterday, "They were just drunk and crazy."

The assailants threw one of the students through the glass E-entry door. The student was not lacerated.

The attackers took one student's wallet, which was empty, and attempted to take the other's. "Money seemed to be an afterthought," said one of the students.