The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Squash Team Ices Eli Racquetmen

By John Donley

The women's squash team had to contend with some serious traction problems at Yale yesterday, but the racquetwomen still came up with a 5-2 victory over the powerhouse Elis.

The traction problems came off the court--when the whole squad had to pitch in to shove the team van off an ice patch--but the truly stellar performance of the day came on the court, where the Crimson handled the Elis, considered one of the best teams in the nation, on their home court.

Sarah Mleczko got the Crimson off on the right track with a 15-12, 15-7, 18-14 win at number two over Stacy Austin, while Jenny Stone added a three-game win at number six and Ellie Cunningham won by default at five.

Julia Moore and Caroline Cunningham dropped razor-close matches at one and four, but Becky Tung notched an equally close four-game win at the three-spot.

The key match took place at number seven, though, where Wendy Sonnabend gutted out a 15-7, 9-15, 15-18, 15-12, 18-16 win to register the fourth individual win for Harvard and secure the match.

The victory kept the Crimson unbeaten and continued a hot streak started at last weekend's Howe Cup, where the "B" team won the trophy and the "A" team performed well. Except perhaps for its van, the women's squash team is in gear.