Crimson Welcomes Summer Students To Help With Bi-Weekly Publications

In summertime, the livin' may be easy, but at The Crimson we've got more than enough work to keep us busy.

The warm weather does make us ease up a little, as we shift from a daily to a twice-weekly publication schedule for the vacation months. But because most of the regular staff clears out for home after examination period, the skeleton crew that stays behind has to work that much harder to keep the presses rolling.

That's why we look to the Summer School for help. Each year, we invite interested students to help us do the reporting and take the pictures that keep Cambridge's Only Breakfast Table Bi-Weekly on the newsstands.

You don't need any journalistic experience-although we're always about a newspaper--and you don't have to be a full-time Harvard student. We need many staff reporters, from different backgrounds, to help us cover events at the University and in the Cambridge-Boston area.

Summer volunteers help write the stories that actually appear in the paper, and students who attend Harvard year-round may try out for positions on the staff. Although we handle the editing, lay-out and production chores, there's plenty to do for experienced newswriters, as well as for novices interested in learning the business.

Drop by the Crimson building--14 Plympton St.--at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. We'll supply some refreshments, and give you the scoop on what it's like to work for the summer Crime.