Sports

The American League East-leading Boston Red Sox will be in town on Monday and Tuesday to play their age-old nemesis, The World Champion New York Yankees, who at this writing are ten games off the pace. But don't bother trying to get tickets for these games. They were sold out months ago. If you have to go, you might try to get bleacher seats, but you'd have to go early--like the night before--and prepare to camp out. Your best bet, then, is to watch both games of this classic baseball rivalry on television...Monday night at 8:30, Channel 5, with the ubiquitous Howard Cosell to accompany you--ever wonder how many Americans at any given moment are screaming "Shut up, Howard!"? The holiday game will be Tuesday at 2:15 on Channel 38. Dig it. After that, the Sox leave town for a nice, long road trip. Catch them later, kids. And if you're a real baseball freak and you can't think of anything better to do over a holiday weekend, the Fenway heroes' battles against the Baltimore Orioles will be televised--Friday night at 8:30, Saturday and Sunday at 2, on Channel 38, featuring the redoubtable Dick Stockton and his faithful sidekick, Hawk Harrelson, who gave up a promising baseball career to become an unpromising professional golfer. Up to you.

Alas, you won't be able to see Boston's other league-leading team, the Lobsters of the World Team Tennis League. All the Lobsters, you see, are cavorting at Wimbledon, where some of them will be steamed, de-clawed, and served with drawn batter.