Institute of Politics Awards Grants

By Maxwell Gould

The Institute of Politics recently awarded summer research grants to 14 rising seniors, juniors and sophomores to do research and field work relating to a senior honors thesis or some other comparable project.

The Institute grants are open to students in all concentrations, but must involve studying U.S. politics and government.

Students receive a grant covering basic expenses incurred while working on the project. Those who must use summer earnings for educational expenses receive an $80 per week honorarium for a maximum of eight weeks to compensate for money they might have earned during the summer.

'Fess Up

Next fall, the students will submit an expense accounting sheet, a short report on the summer research, and a letter from the person supervising the project stating that the work is satisfactory.

Students will submit a copy of the completed project to the Institute of Politics.

Topics recipients will research include "Health care problems in San Francisco Chinatown" and "The Electoral Basis of the Chicago. Machine."