SUMMER SCHOOL CALENDAR

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

The charter bus trip to the beach scheduled for Saturday, July 1, has been cancelled.

The Dean's Office is again sponsoring arts competitions this year. The contests will be in Poetry and Black and White Photography. Rules, details, and entry forms are available at the Dean's Office. Deadline for entries is Friday, July 28.

Free tours of the campus are available throughout the summer at the Holyoke Information Center. They leave Monday through Saturday at 10 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3:15 p.m., and Sunday at 1:30 p.m. and 3:15 p.m., weather permitting. For more information, call 495-1573.

Please note the following changes in the Athletics section of the Dean's Notes:

* Students with Summer School I.D. cards are entitled to use facilities for sailing at no charge if they are qualified sailors.

* The Blodgett Pool will be closed weekends from July 8-9 to August 19-20, inclusive.

* Guests are not allowed to use any Harvard Athletic Facilities except tennis, for which there is a $1.50 single use fee.

The following athletic facilities are available free to Summer School students upon presentation of their I.D. card: swimming, tennis, rowing, squash, volleyball, basketball, and sailing.

Intramural athletics will be offered through the Dean's Office. Interested students should sign up in the Dean's Office, Lehman Hall basement.

The deadline to enter the Summer School Tennis Tournament is Monday, July 10. There is a $1.00 entry fee which will go toward prizes; sign up in the Dean's Office.

For further information on anything mentioned in this calendar, come in to the Dean's Office in the Lehman Hall basement, or call 495-2931.

NOTE: The following abbreviations are used for Registration/Course/Dorm information: 8D Eight-week day courses; 8E: Eight-week evening courses; 41: Session I (4 weeks); 4II: Session II (4 weeks).

June 30--Friday

8D--Last day for study program change or withdrawal (with complete adjustment of tuition and laboratory fees). Last day to change a non-credit or audit course to credit, or to change from one credit course to a new credit course. Last day to add a Pass/Fail course, or to change from graded to Pass/Fail or from Pass/Fail to graded status. Last day to register and file final study card for credit program, with late fee.

8E--Last day for study program change or withdrawal (with complete adjustment of tuition and laboratory fees). 7-9 p.m., 20 Garden St.

4I--Last day to change from graded to Pass/Fail, or from Pass/Fail to graded status (Arts and Sciences courses), and from graded to Satisfactory/No Credit, or from Satisfactory/No Credit to graded status (Education courses). Last day to drop a course, or to change from Credit to Non-Credit or Audit within the same course (with 50 per cent adjustment of tuition).

Auditions: Summer School Chorus. See listing above. 3-5 p.m., Sever 11.

Film: Ukrainian Institute--The Land. 7:30, Science Center D. Free.

Mixer: 8:30 p.m.-Midnight, Freshman Union Dining Hall. Admission $1.00 with Summer School I.D.

"Goldfinger," Science Center C, 8 and 10:30 p.m., $1.

July 1--Saturday

"Golfinger," Science Center B, 8 and 10:30 p.m., $1.

July 2--Sunday

Memorial Church service, 11 a.m. The preacher will be the Reverend Larry Hill.

Film: Dance Center Film Series--Quarry. 7:30 p.m., Science Center D. Free.

Concert: Boston Pops, conducted by Arthur Fielder. Boston Esplanade on the Charles River. Free.

July 4--Tuesday Holiday--no classes.

July 5--Wednesday

July 6--Thursday

Plays: Loeb Experimental Theater--"The Happy Journey," by Thornton Wilder, and "Where the Cross is Made," by Eugene O'Neill. One act each, with some improvisation. 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. today and tomorrow, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Loeb Drama Center. Free; pick up tickets at Loeb box office between noon and 6 p.m. the day of the show.

Lecture: Dance Center Lecture Series--Marcia Siegel, dance critic for New York magazine, on current trends in dance, 2 p.m. Agassiz Living Room. Free.

Lecture: Thursday Speaker Series--"What is Body Language?" Lawrence Wylie, C. Douglas Dillon Professor of the Civilization of France. 4 p.m., Science Center C. Free.

Film: Center for Middle Eastern Studies--Children of Rage. 7:30 and 9:30 p.m., Science Center D. $1.00

The Summer School Calendar will appear each Friday in The Crimson.