SPORTS

So you were studying too hard Monday night to see Harvard crush Boston College in the last 30 seconds of their first-round Beanpot Tourney game. Don't worry, though. This Monday night you can stop studying your Chem 20 for a few hours and catch the finals of the Beanpot at the Boston Garden, in which Harvard will try to halt the hex that Boston University has cast upon them.

That B.U. hex has lasted for more than two years. Harvard's last victory over the Terriers was in December, 1974. Since then, the Crimson has lost two Beanpot encounters and five other games, including an overtime loss last December.

But the losing streak against B.U. could be broken this Monday night in the Beanpot finals. The Terriers have had an up and down season, beating teams like UNH and Harvard and losing to St. Lawrence, a team the Crimson annhilated 10-0.

On the basis of two teams' records, it is risky to predict the outcome of the game. Essentially, this game will be won or lost in the stands. The loudness of the "Screw B.U." cheer will be a pivotal factor in the battle of the fans. Harvard partisans will have drown out B.U. fans when they attempt to shout "Go B.U."

There will be other less important contests, such as the beer smuggling contest. The object of this is to hide as many beers as possible, successfully slipping through the Boston Garden security. Not only will you feel an incredible sense of accomplishment, but you'll also save a lot of money because you won't have to shell out a dollar for a Garden beer. The winning school has a huge psychological advantage before the game even starts.

The finale of the night will occur after the hockey game is over. The train ride back to Harvard square will show the mettle of the fans from the two schools. Loud and vicious insults are a must for this occasion, especially if Harvard wins. In that case, you can taunt the Terrier fans because their team lost and impugn their intelligence.

You can pick up tickets for this contest at 60 Boylston St. The Athletic Office received a shipment of 150 tickets yesterday, and the most expensive seats are $3.50 for students.

If you're not going up to the Winter Carnival at Dartmouth this weekend, you can catch the Harvard swim team racing Cornell in the second-floor gilded bath tub of the IAB at 2 p.m. The Harvard fencers will also face Cornell at the same time on the third floor of the IAB.

Before happy hour Friday evening, you can catch the Radcliffe basketball team playing Smith. The game will begin at 4 p.m. in the rooftop lounge of the luxurious IAB.

Remember: Reckless driving doesn't prove who's right, only who's left.