Summit Excerpts

The following are excerpts from the agreements signed Sunday night by Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin and Egyptian President Anwar Sadat.

"In order to achieve peace between them, the parties agree to negotiate in good faith with the goal of concluding within three months from the signing of this framework a peace treaty between them, while inviting the other parties to the conflict to proceed simultaneously to negotiate and conclude similar peace treaties with a view to achieving a comprehensive peace in the area...

"The following matters are agreed between the parties: The full exercise of Egyptian sovereignty up to the internationally recognized border between Egypt and mandated Palestine; the withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from the Sinai: the use of airfields left by the Israelis near El Arish, Rafah, Ras en Naqband, Sharm el Sheikh for civilian purposes only, including commercial use by all nations; the right of free passage of ships of Israel through the Gulf of Suez and the Suez Canal...After a peace treaty is signed, and after the interim withdrawal is complete, normal relations will be established between Egypt and Israel, including full recognition...

"Egypt and Israel agree that...there should be transitional arrangements for the West Bank and Gaza for a period not exceeding five years. In order to provide full autonomy to the inhabitants, under these arrangements the Israeli military government and its civilian administration will be withdrawn as soon as a self-governing authority has been freely elected by these areas to replace the existing military government."