Teng to Invite Sen. Goldwater

By The ASSOCIATED Press

PEKING--Vice Premier Teng Hsiaoping said yesterday he will invite Sen. Barry Goldwater (R-Ariz), an outspoken opponent of the United States spilt with Taiwan, to visit Peking and discuss china's plans to reunify the people's Republic of China and Taiwan.

"We know well that Senator Goldwater does not very much approve of the establishment of diplomatic relations between our two countries, but nevertheless I would like you to convey to him my greetings and express to him that we welcome him for a visit,"Teng told a group of visiting American Congressmen.

Leaping Lizards

In Washington, a Goldwater press aide said the senator will not comment until he receives an official invitation.

Goldwater has field suit in federal court to prevent President Carter from ter- minating the U.S.-Taiwan Mutual Defense Treaty at the end of 1979.

Teng said, "We have the hand of peace and the hand of war and we want to use the hand of peace to bring about the reunification of our people."

Rep. Thomas L. Ashley (D-Ohio), leader of the eight-man delegation from the House Banking Committee, which met with Teng for two hours yesterday, said he would relay the invitation to Goldwater.

"Don't be surprised if he accepts," Ashley said