Bone Marrow Workshop

News Shorts

Dr. David S. Rosenthal '59, associate professor of Medicine, and Dr. Richard S. Neiman '59, associate professor at the Mallory Institute of Pathology, will teach a workshop on bone marrow deseases at meetings of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists and the College of American Pathologists this fall.

The doctors will lead lectures, discussions, and a lab during the October 29 workshop in Las Vegas, one of 180 scheduled during the eight-day convention.

A 50-member audience of practicing pathologists and hematologists will review the history of blood diseases and cover the latest methods of detecting and combating them. Rosenthal and Neiman have previously offered the workshop.

The American Society of Pathology, which has held semi-annual conventions for 30 years, offers the largest continuing educational program of any medical society in the world, Dr. George F. Stevenson, scientific director of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, said yesterday. Nationwide, nearly 1000 volunteer faculty members will attend the convention, along with 8000 physicians.

Both Rosenthal, clinical director of hematology at Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, and Neiman are widely known for their research.