BSA to Earn Money For Injured Boy

The Executive Committee of the Black Students Association (BSA) voted Monday night to sponsor a fund-raising party for the Darryl Williams Trust Fund.

Darryl Williams, a Jamaica Plain black teenager, was shot and paralyzed Friday during a football scrimmage in Charlestown.

The executive committee also voted to support today's rally at city hall and citywide boycott of Boston elementary and high schools. The citywide Parents Advisory Council is promoting the boycott.

Eugene J. Green '80, president of the BSA, said yesterday the committee considered holding a rally, but will support the fund instead because of pleas by Williams' mother for people to remain calm.

Show Your Support

The executive committee also voted to encourage all students to attend today's rally to show their support for the end of racial violence in Boston, Green said.

"Black students are tired of picking up the paper and reading about attacks on blacks," Green said. "Concerned blacks want to go beyond the Harvard sphere," he added.

Boston Cloth

"We call upon Boston city officials and community leaders to end all the incidents of racial violence which unfortunately have become a part of the Boston fiber," he said.

Green said the executive board decided against a boycott of Harvard classes to coincide with a citywide public school boycott. Green said there was not enough time to organize such a boycott.

Charlestown, a predominantly white section of Boston, has been the site of previous racial trouble because of the court-ordered busing to the high school.

Sounds Good

Police Commisioner Joseph M. Jordan announced last Sunday the arrests of three teenagers, on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon in connection with Friday's shooting.

The three youths from the Charlestown area are being held with $100,000 bail. They were arraigned yesterday in Charlestown District Court.

The arrests culminated "one of the most intensive investigations in the Police Department's history," Jordan said, adding, officers from virtually every unit and division worked on the case, and more than 300 persons were interviewed.

Police declined to speculate whether the motive for the shooting was racial, but Mayor Kevin H. White said Friday night it was "apparently racially motivated." White said the FBI entered the investigation Saturday because of possible violations of the civil rights act.