Harvard Students Will Organize To Support Carter

A newly-formed group, the Harvard-Radcliffe Students for President Carter will coordinate the re-elect Carter campaign for all Boston-area universities and colleges, David J. Olivas '82, chairman and organizer of the committee, said yesterday.

Several Harvard students travelled to New Hampshire this weekend to meet with leaders of the national Carter organization.

Olivas said Carter's campaign staff was enthusiastic about the future of the Harvard movement and they were confident the group could generate Carter support in the home state of Sen. Edward Kennedy '54

The Harvard group is still unofficial but is working towards approval by Committee on Houses and Undergraduate Life, Olivas said.

"The main thrust of the Harvard campaign is to show that Carter has provided steady leadership in the coming years," Olivas said.

"While others are clamoring for macho politics he is facing reality," he added.

Steve J. Rosston, vice-president of the Harvard Democratic club said yesterday, "We are not taking a stand on any one candidate. The club will not endorse a candidate now and probably won't in the near future."

Rosston added that the club supports all campus organizations for announced candidates.