2890 Students Agree to Fast

By Andrew Hermann

More than half of all undergraduates will fast at dinner on November 15 to raise money for the international relief effort for Cambodia.

Carina Campobasso '81, a member of the Harvard Hunger Action Committee (HHAC), which organized the fast, said yesterday that 2980 undergraduates have already agreed to fast. The total number fasting will surpass 50 per cent of the student body by tonight, she added.

Student contributions of more than $1700 will bring the total HHAC has raised to more than $4600, including Food Services Department rebates of $1 per student who fasts, Campobasso said.

Manya Blumberg '81, another member of the committee said it will encourage students at the Business, Divinity and Educational Schools, where there are no meal plans to join the fast and make cash donations.

The cafeteria at the Kennedy School of Government will serve only rice and mushrooms at dinner that night. The cafeteria will charge its regular $2.50, but give $2 per meal sold to the Student Activists for Cambodia.

The proceeds from both fund-raising plans will be divided between Oxfam-America and Catholic Relief Agencies.