Museum Renovation

The Museum of Comparative Zoology library will undergo extensive renovations this summer in an attempt to increase security and make library services more efficient, Eva S. Jonas, director of the library, said yesterday.

The library plans to move part of its collection to the Romer Library on the first floor of the museum and give part of its collection to other University libraries, Jonas said.

"The proposal includes improved lay-out for the library, improved security, increased fire-detection in the rare-book section, an improved circulation pattern, and air-conditioning in the reading rooms," Caspar W. Wooldredge Jr., an architect in the University planning office, said yesterday.

Contractors will submit construction bids when plans are finalized, Washington Taylor III, spokesman in the project planning division of the planning office, said yesterday.

William D. Myers, public services assistant in the library, said yesterday construction may anger out-of-town users. "People have come up over the summer all the way from Tennessee and Virginia to use our collection, and they won't be too pleased if we can't make the books available," Myers added.