Adams House Secretary Dies

Jessie Iarrobino '35 Adams House administrative assistant, died yesterday morning following a heart attack. She was 66 years old.

After working for Radcliffe following her graduation, Iarrobino moved to Ireland, where she lived for several years. After her marriage, she raised three children and returned to Harvard six years ago as secretary to the Adams House senior tutor. This fall she assumed the duties of administrative assistant.

"She enjoyed every day and worked up until the end," Agnes Burnett, Iarrobino's sister and proprietor of the Thomas More Bookshop, said yesterday.

Adele Diamond, Adams House tutor said, "She was someone who cared about people and was always going out of her way for others. There aren't many people around like her anymore."

Robert J. Kiely, master of Adams House, asked for a moment of silence in Iarrobino's memory during yesterday's lunch at Adams.

"When someone is so good, patient, generous and interested in people it affects everyone in the House," Kiely said. He added he is considering plans for an Adams House memorial service.