Where Have All the Runners Gone?

Sara-nades

By Sara J. Nicholas

The women's cross country team went to Princeton yesterday for the annual Harvard-Yale-Princeton tri-meet, and at 1 a.m. today the whereabouts of the harriers was still a mystery. After conducting an exhaustive search--to fill a seven inch gap on the sports page--I had nothing to offer but speculations:

1) The harriers lost miserably to their Ivy arch-rivals and are ashamed to come home, or

Disgruntled

2) The harriers won hands down, and decided to stay for dinner in Princeton, where their wild cheers could be overheard by disgruntled Princetonites. Now, since the latter seems much more likely, it's only a matter of extending speculation a bit further...

Knowing the voracious appetite of a cross country team that has just finished a major meet, it is possible the harriers found a cozy, nubby little restaurant in cozy, nubby little Princeton, N.J. and won't be back until noon today. On the other hand, the harriers could have gone for maximum speed at minimum expense (a cross country hallmark) and opted for McDonalds. Now I don't know how Princeton McDonalds rate with those of New England, but a certain McDonalds located twenty miles outside of Bowdoin, Me., will never forget the Harvard Women's tennis team.

Tune In

As for our harriers, tune in Monday for the latest on their whereabouts, the results of the tir-meet itself, and a complete gourmet-guide for traveling musicians and sports teams.