FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK

By Jeffrey R. Toobin

As the team heads into the last two games of the season, the Crimson's injury situation has improved dramatically. Flanker Ron Cuccia and halfback Paul Scheper will see playing time for the first time in four weeks. Defensive tackle Chuck Durst (knee), offensive guard Mike Durgin (shoulder) and linebacker Brad Stinn (finger) all should be recovered from injuries suffered during last Saturday's 24-13 victory over William and Mary.

Everyone on the Harvard team knows the Crimson is prime upset material this Saturday at Penn. With only this game against a supposed pushover remaining before The Game, thinking ahead could prove fatal.... The toast of Dunster House is Crimson tight end Bill McGlone, who caught a 29-yd. Brian Buckley touchdown pass last weekend. You see, no one could remember the last time a Dunster resident had even appeared on the gridiron, so the junior was widely hailed at the post-game "Zorbels" .... The Crimson's secret weapon this weekend may be Delta Air Lines. The gridders are flying to Philadelphia today, avoiding the eight-hour bus ride. This certainly will help their state-of-mind if not their play.... Look for sophomore Don Allard to take over for Buckley if Harvard gets a comfortable lead. Restic was impressed with Allard's running in the waning moments of the William and Mary game and would love to give him some work.