Omitted Events

THE MAIL

To the Editors:

In the issue of the Crimson on Monday, October 19, an article appeared in the paper talking about the Head of the Charles which was the day before. I was extremely upset by the fact that there was not a single mention of the women's boats whether lightweight, heavyweight, mixed crews, pairs or even the Radcliffe varsity eight. I will credit you with the inclusion of a picture of a women's eight going beneath a bridge but there was not even a caption telling the reader which club or university the crew was a member of. The picture of the Navy four had a large caption elaborating on the physical form of the oarsmen and the fact that the Navy heavy eight had taken the championship that day.

I hope that some article can be included in a near future Crimson that features the women oarsmen and gives the team scores of last Sunday's event. The one sidedness of the original article was quite surprising to see from a college newspaper especially when your coverage of other women's sports has been quite good. George Kahrl '83