Expos Paper Wins Freshman Student Skim Milk at Union

Students at Harvard differ in their opinions on Expository Writing, but nobody has said the course helped in losing weight.

Until this week, that is, when Judith M. Stern '85 will begin to receive skim milk from the Freshman Union as a result of an Expos paper she wrote several weeks ago.

When her Expos teacher assigned a letter to any public official on a specific problem. Stern decided it was time to do something about the lack of skim milk in the Union. A couple of weeks later, Lewis J. Tolleson, manager of the Freshman Dining Hall received her Expos paper, a request for skim milk at the Union, in the mail.

Stern said yesterday that Tolleson told her he would order two quarts of skim milk a week specially for her.

She wants the milk, which has about 25 per cent fewer calories, for dieting purposes, she said. "I don't want to gain the freshman 15." Stern added.

In fact, skim milk has been available on request at both the Union and House dining halls, Frank J. Weissbecker, Director of Food Services, said yesterday.

And how did Stern do on that Expos assignment? Well she may not be satisfied with two per cent lowfat milk in the dining halls, but she's going to have to live with a B on the paper.