Memorial Fund

Family and friends of Margaret Stevens '81 have established a support fund for the Radcliffe crew team in memory of the former Dunster House resident, who died of a heart ailment November 12 while traveling in Spain on a Trustman Traveling Fellowship.

Stevens rowed on varsity beavyweight crew for all four of her undergraduate years. Current and recent crew members will determine the fund's use in consultation with Radcliffe President Horner, Mary Cox, director of development and alumnae affairs at Radcliffe, said yesterday.

Carie B. Graves, coach of women's crew, said yesterday that Stevens was "a wonderful person, and one of the best people I've coached."

President Matina Horner said in a press release that "It will mean a great deal to all of us to have her name remembered at Radcliffe and Harvard in a way that reflects so well her interests and her special qualities."

In addition to rowing, Stevens was a Radcliffe summer intern and a member of the Harvard Model United Nations in 1978. She was also a member of the Dunster House Drama Society, where she appeared in "Equus" and was a publicity assistant for "Ah Wilderness" last year. She was graduated magna cum laude in English and American Literature and Language.

About 40 of her close friends attended a memorial service for her on November 15 at Dunster House, a House resident said yesterday.