Aquamen Joust For N.E. Title; Blodgett to Play Host to Meet

By Marco L. Quazzo

Eight teams roll into Cambridge today for the privilege of splashing around in Blodgett Pool this weekend. The outcomes of twelve games should yield only one survivor, and that team will emerge as the 1981 New England water polo champion.

The team could be Harvard, which boasts a record of 17-3. More likely it will be Brown, who have not loast to a New England team in six years and have never lost to Harvard.

The Bruins arrive in Cambridge with a well-disciplined starting seven and a reputation for dazzling opponents with teamwork. Known also for quickness, Brown has the advantage of having faced stiff competition all year, to which their 18-8-1 season mark attests.

Harvard, on the other hand, has made a habit of blowing lesser teams out of the water, often by ten-goal margins. In big games the Crimson have not shown the necessary poise, however, losing twice to Brown earlier in the season after a well-played first half. Sunday's game could prove different. Well-rested after having taken a two-week lay-off, the aquamen are at the peak of their game.

Top scorers Dave Fasi and Steve Munatones, a sophomore duo, are now at nearly full strength following minor injuries. Along with Rich Guerra and Houston Hasll, they should provide the Crimson with a potrent offensive threat. Meanwhile, minding the goal will be senior Rich Reid.