Class Marshals

By Gregory C. Ridgley

The field of candidates for Class Marshals narrowed from 110 to 16 yesterday, as the Associated Harvard Alumni (AHA) announced the results of this week's elections.

More than 700 seniors voted in the elections in their Houses early last week, Diane Dussault, director of classes and reunions for AHA, said yesterday, adding that the number of candidates was a "very significant" increase over the 78 who ran last year.

The remaining candidates will meet in runoff elections next week, with balloting in each of the Houses from Monday to Wednesday, Dussault said. The four Harvard and four Radcliffe Class Marshals will then be announced on Friday, she added.

From the original 58 Harvard candidates, those selected include: Paul G. Alexander of Leverett House; Anthony E. Kilbridge of Quincy House; Wayne W. Meisel of Eliot House; and Kevin L. Porter of Leverett House.

Stephen R. Quazzo of Eliot House; Mario F. Teixeira of Mather House; B. Greg Thompson Jr. of Winthrop House; and Richard A. Yu of Mather House were also chosen.

Out of 52 Radcliffe candidates, the eight named include: Toni E. Anderson, of Mather House; Brenda C. Harper of Kirkland House; Holly E. Hodder of Quincy House, and Ellen M. Jakovic of Eliot House.

Natalia Martin of Leverett House; Vivian Wang of Dunster House; Dana A. Warren of Winthrop House; and Laurie J. Woog of Winthrop House round out the list.