Meanwhile...

UHS Trial, Hedley Donovan, the Top Ten

Testimony in the negligence trial of two University Health Services (UHS), doctors and a private physician ended this week with cancer patient Gena Glicklich's attorney telling a Middlesex Superior Court jury in a closing statement that Glicklich's doctors had committed a "chain of errors" that has shortened her life.

The case went to the jury Thursday, but by week's end, no decision had been reached.

* * *

Hedley Donovan, a former senior dviser to former President Jimmy Carter and editor-in-chief of Time Inc. for more than 15 years, will offer a mini-course at the Kennedy School of Government beginning April 1. Donovan said this week he had accepted a temporary teaching position at the K-School.

* * *

No real surprise--Social Analysis 10, "Principles of Economics," once again topped the list of this semester's ten most popular courses, drawing 1031 students to Sanders Theater. The top ten list includes five newcomers, among them Literature and Arts C-14, "The Concepts of the Hero in Hellenic Civilization," and Mathematics 1b, "Introduction to the Calculus."