Dixon Takes First in 1500-Meter Run at IC4As

Udo Places Fourth in Long Jump Competition

The Dixon Express rolls on.

One week alter establishing a Heptagonal record in the 1500 meter run and two weeks after setting an American record performance in the 100 meters in the Big Three meet. Adam Dixon did it again. Yesterday, Dixon broke his own school record in the 1500 meters with a 3:43.89 victory at the IC4A Championships in Princeton's Jadwin Gym.

Louis Ostolozaga of Manhattan College led most of the race while Dixon held to the back of the pack. The splendid sprinter then made his move with two laps to go, accelerating past Ostolozaga and the cream of the East coast's middle distance crop. Dixon broke the tape in the equivalent of a four minute mile.

The Express's final stop of the indoor campaign will be at the end of the mile run in NCAA Championships next week in Detroit. Dixon's train is expected to arrive in around four minutes, but no one will be suprised if its early.

Gus Udo was the only other thinclad to contribute to Harvard's scoring. The junior long jumper leaped to fourth place with a 23-ft. 11-in. performance. Udo's two points, along with Dixon's 12-point effort, gave Harvard a tie for 11th place in the team competition.

Maryland won the team title with 93 points, easily outdistancing Farleigh Dickinson and Villanova, which notched 73 and 63 points, repectively.

Sydney Maree of Villanova broke the IC4A record in the 3000-meter run with a blistering 7:54,91, but Maryland, led by Chris Person in the 500 and a 1-3-4 finish in the pole vault was too tough to beat.

Disappointment

After setting a school record of 3:16.00 last week at the Heps, Harvard's mile relay team ran a disappointing 3:21.92 and failed to qualify for the NCAA meet.

Bennett Midlo, the relay's regular leadoff man, succumbed to tendonitis and was replaced by Pete Rittenburg. Rittenburg, who had placed eighth in the pentathalon earlier in the day, and regulars Scott Murrer, Marc Chappus, and Dave Frim could not make up the difference.

Dave Randall cleared a personal best of 15ft. 5 in. to qualify for the finals in the pole vault. Once there though, Randall missed his first three attempts at the opening height.