Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

KKK Will Demonstrate In Downtown Boston

BOSTON--Thje imperial wizard of the Invisible Empire of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan sowed yesterday to assemble robed Klansmen in downtown Boston to protest official reaction to his assault on live television.

The demonstration Saturday will include "a small contingent of robed Klansmen who will infiltrate the crowd," said Klan chief Bill Wilkinson. "If the police can't provide us security, we'll provide our own security."

The trouble began Thursday when Wilkinson outlined his white supremacist views on "People Are Talking," a live, noontime talk show on WBZ-TV in Boston.

Opponents in the studio audience hurled eggs at the stage, and one man took a swing at Wilkinson. Some of the demonstrators chanted "Astans, Latins, black and white, all together we must fight" and unfurled "death to the Klan" signs.

The show was briefly halted for commercials while order was restored.

Wilkinson formally applied in Brighton District Court yesterday for complaints of assault and battery against one woman and two men he said attacked him on Thursday.

"I've decided these people are not going to indiscriminately attack me or my people without being prosecuted," he said.

Wilkinson, who was escorted to court by police, said he and detectives would look at tapes of the melee to try to identify the culprits.

"We have names," added police Sgt. Edward Favreau. "But whether we have correct names, we don't know."

"All I want is the right to segregate," says Wilkinson. "I'm not saying I want to force anybody else to segregate. I have the rights to my beliefs."

Favreau said that if police identify people named in Wilkinson's court papers, a hearing would be held to determine whether a complaint should be issued. No hearing has been scheduled.